Sunday, October 29, 2006

Prawn Noodle

Went to my favourite da sia prawn noodle stall at Zion Road Food Centre. The boss wasn't around that day. I like the stall cos the boss always calls me "mei nv". The last time I went there with Hengky I told him that and he said he probably calls everyone mei nv (which is kinda true but still....). The first time I went to eat at the stall, the boss called me mei nv so I asked whether mei nv would get any discount, he said no but he said he could give me the da sia (big prawn), which he did, and hence the name. haha.

Nevertheless, this is still the best prawn noodle I've eaten. Haven't found one that can even come close to this yet (maybe my father's. hee). And the crab mee they do is damn good too! Lots of roe.

The prawn mee at Far East Square is quite nice too. But still can't beat this. The thing about the Far East Square prawn mee is that they don't have chor bee hoon, so I will eat the kway teow, but the kway teow always a bit soggy, overcooked.

The other day I went to the Blanco Court prawn mee along Beach Road. Supposed to be quite famous. But wasn't any good. The ngoh hiang stall beside the prawn mee was even better than the prawn mee. Liked the fried prawn crackers. A bit ex I think.

So the best prawn mee in Singapore is still my favourite da sia prawn mee!

No comments: