Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Le Papillon @ Red Dot Traffic Building

It was out of curosity that we decided to have lunch at Red Dot Traffic Building and subsequently at Le Papillon. And it was a good find.

The restaurant is not too big and not too crowded during the lunch I was there. It is a comfortable little restaurant with some flowery/butterfly (well, it's le papillon) prints on the wall. Mainly earth colours with cozy lighting.

We had the set lunch. For me, I had roast pumpkin with spanish onion and bacon for starter, braised beef shin on olive mash potato and mixed greens for main course, and the carpaccio of pineapple with orange ice cream for dessert. I love everything. The pumpkin was soft and sweet like sweet potato which I like, the bacon was nicely crisp with mashed potato wrapped inside. The beef shin was very tender, though a bit salty. Not too crazy over the pineapple.

I love whatever my partner was eating more actually - grapefruit and prawn salad with citrus dressing for starter, pan fried sea bass with mushrooms and tomato confit lemon-garlic butter sauce for main course and the same for dessert. The prawns were fresh and nicely paired with the fruity stuff. The sea bass was very tasty and the skin was crispy. Can't believe even a boring sea bass can taste so nice.

We even had a half bottle of French Savignon Blanc. Can't remember the name but was good.

Felt full and happy after lunch. Might be the alcohol. hee.

No comments: