Monday, November 27, 2006

Beating the Monday Blues

The best way to beat Monday blues is to go for a long expensive lunch and then laze around in a cozy tea cafe on the rainy afternoon. All at the company's expense.

We went to Il Lido at Sentosa for lunch. Needed to check out the place for the big meeting on Wednesday. We all had the set lunch. I had soup, tuna, strawberry sorbet, tea. The food was so-so only. Nothing spectacular. Was actually quite disappointed.

After lunch, we went to check out Tea Cafe at Seah Street. The place is sooooo nice. It's like a home setting, with lots of sofas. Very cozy place. Great for private functions. And the tea was very good. Lots of effort put into every tea they serve. They take note of every little detail. Things like the ice cubes, they make those themselves, using water filtered by some Japanese filter. For the water, they boiled it using charcoal so that it's more pure and taste better. And even the plum in the sour plum tea, they do not use the mass produced type. A lot of thought and effort just to make a tea. I'm very impressed.

I must say my pear tea tasted very refreshing. Nice presentation too. Jane's hot pomelo tea smells good. Adeline's rambutan tea looks yummylicious. And I heard their little snacks are very good too. We had the tea egg which costs $3.50 each. But it's very very nice! Not like the tea leaves eggs we eat outside - too salty and too herbal tasting. This is very tasty and yet not too overpowering. The egg is hard on the outside with runny yolk on the inside....I like! According to the owner, they add sakae in the marination too. No wonder it is so addictive! I will definitely go back to Tea Cafe.

My pear tea and Adeline's rambutan tea at the back

We only left the place at 4pm. The service was quite slow but who's in a hurry? It is a good place to spend a lazy afternoon, drinking tea, having small snacks, reading a book, especially with the pitter-patter sound of the rain outside. So cozy. Should try to keep this place a secret. Don't want too many people to spoil the coziness, the tranquility and charm of the cafe.

No comments: