Sunday, May 13, 2007

Waraku @ Central

Met Stace and AL for dinner on Saturday. Went to Central for Japanese. Initially they wanted to go to the supposedly good ramen place. In the end they decided to go Waraku. I only joined them while they were queueing. I must say all the Japanese restaurant seemed to be very crowded, with long queues.

We got a seat by the window (after a long wait), so we could see across to Clarke Quay. Nice view. Stace and I ordered ramen and AL ordered curry rice. They came in big portions. But I didn't find the food very nice. Even the sakae/sho-chu cocktails we ordered were not fantastic. Unlike the lemon soju I tried in Korea.




We stayed there for quite a long time talking cock. Then we decided to go watch movie. They suggested watching a crappy movie called "Blades of Glory". So we got JL along who was at home. Managed to get tickets at Marina Square for 12.20am. Yes, it was indeed a crappy show. But we had a good laugh.

So when we were walking to the taxi stand after the movie, we past by a Waraku! I was saying "why did we go all the way to Central to eat Waraku when there's a Waraku at Marina Square???" (On a later date, I heard from Charles that the Waraku at Marina Square is better)

I will go back to Central to try the other Japanese restaurants.

No comments: